The World Bank has committed Sh580m to help Kenya respond to the coronavirus pandemic in Kenya, the COUNTY DIARY has learnt.
Kenya has so far confirmed three cases of corona where people have been asked to observe hygiene.
The government has so suspended learning institutions in the country and urged kenyan to avoid crowded places and issued the following orders.
- Travel from any countries with any case of corona virus restricted.
- Only Kenyans citizens allowed back with self quarantine or government-designated facility – in effect for 30 days.
- All who arrived within the last 14 days mustself-quarantinee.
- All schools closed with immediate effect. Day schools close from tomorrow, boarding home by 18th March, colleges by 20th March.
- Government and businesses encourage to have people work from home; except essential services.
- Encourage cashless transactions over cash. Cost of transactions to be reduced.
- Avoid congressional meetings – weddings, malls, night clubs, churches, limitation of visits to hospitals.
- Hospitals and Shopping malls to give soap and water/hand sanitizers, and ensure regular cleaning of facilities.
- Don’t Panic the government is in control