By COUNTY DIARY.
On Friday 15th, january 2021 – The County Assembly of Kitui approved nominees to the positions of County Executive Committee Members and the County Attorney.
The debate was carried out during two special House sittings held on Thursday 14th and Friday 15th January, 2021, the COUNTY DIARY Reports.
The motion on adoption of the report by the Committee on Appointments which was tabled by Hon. Peter Kilonzo (Majority leader) and seconded by Hon. Alex Nganga (Minority leader) garnered massive support from the Honourable Members.
On 16th November 2020, Pursuant to Article 179 of the Constitution, 2010 as read together with Section 35 of the County Governments Act, Her Excellency the Governor forwarded to the County Assembly the names of Nominees for the positions of members of the County Executive Committee and the County Attorney as follows:
- Dr. Winifred Syombua Kitetu – Health and Sanitation.
- Mr. Stephen Kyalo Maithya – Education, ICT and Vocational Training.
- Mr. Samson Nyamai Masila – Land, Housing and Urban Development.
- Ms. Esther N. Kilonzi – Agriculture, Water and Irrigation.
- Ms. Hellenah Kisiku Kitheka – Tourism, Youth Development Sports and Culture.
- Mr. Meshack kyalo Muthusi – Trade, Cooperatives and Investment.
- Caroline Kaiyu Musango – County Attorney.
Having taken into account each nominee’s performance during the vetting exercise, professional and academic qualifications together with the requisite clearance certificates from relevant bodies, the Assembly gave the report a nod.