Makueni has not recorded any COVID-19 positive case and currently there are no suspected cases on follow up.
The County Coronavirus Emergency Response Committee has reviewed the progress of activities and issues the following communication:
1. Even though there was pronouncement on the reopening of restaurants and eateries, these facilities remain closed for sit in customers until they have met the requirements outlined in the guidelines provided by the ministry of health
2. For any restaurant and eatery to reopen, they are required to comply with all the set guidelines. In this regard;
a) Restaurants and eateries are required to apply for reopening permits through the sub-county multi-agency teams led by the Deputy County Commissioner
b) The sub-county multi-agency team composed of the Deputy county commissioner, sub-county MOH, sub-county Public health officer, sub-county police commander and sub-county administrator will then inspect the facilities to determine compliance with set guidelines
c) Only those who will be issued with certificate of compliance will be allowed to reopen.
3. Religious gatherings in places of worship remain suspended as per the guidelines issued by the national government.
4. We thank all the well-wishers who have continued to support the county with donations of masks, sanitizers and hand washing facilities. We continue to welcome more donations. Cash donations can be forwarded to the Makueni County Covid19 Solidarity fund through the following account:
Bank: Kenya Commercial Bank
Account Name: Makueni County COVID -19 Solidarity
Account Number: 1273040236
The Governor, County Commissioner and CEC Finance are the signatories.
5. We have continued with surveillance through continuous screening of all persons entering Makueni at Kibwezi and Mtito Andei by a multi-agency team. Over 40,000 travelers have so far been screened.
Dr. Andrew Mulwa
CEC Health Services
M. A. Maalim, MBS