by Baraka Muli
On Friday, November 4, 2022 -Kitui Governor Dr Julius Malombe unveiled his County Executive Committee Members (CECMs) in different sectors today.
The governor said he has forwarded names of the nominees to the county assembly and they should assume office after undergoing the vetting procedure.
The county boss says all the nominees are qualified for their tasks and will help him deliver his development plan for the county once the government is fully constituted.
He further said the CECMs will be sworn into office once approved by the county assembly.
According to the governor, the capacity of the appointees was a key consideration in the nominations and each sub county has at least one CECM.
Kitui South and Kitui East have each had two persons appointed for the CECM positions.
Governor Dr Julius Malombe further said there will be no vacuum in public service and therefore will have the outgoing cabinet for the remaining time of their contract.
Below are the names of the appointees:
1.Richard John Mwendandu — CECM for Energy, environment, forestry, mineral resources.
2.Phoebe Mutemi….- CECM for Culture, Gender, Youth, Sports and social services
3. Stephen Mbaya Kimwele__ Agriculture and livestock
4. Rose Mawia Matuku –Trade, Industry and cooperatives
5. Peter Mwikya Kilonzo – Finance, Economic planning and Revenue management
6. Ruth Koki Mwanzia – Public Health and Sanitation
7. Eng. Reuben Mulwa Itiko — Roads, Public works and Transport
8. Joyce Kasyoka Titus Masila – Education, Training and skills development
9. Peter Nkunda – Water & Irrigation.
10. Fredrick Kisonge Kimanga – Lands, housing and Urban development
More information on the appointees to follow….