The Ministry of Interior has made changes to the State Department of Interior and Citizen Services, according to a statement from CS Fred Matiang’i.
The slew of changes which are effective immediately include transfers and new appointments, with CS Matiang’i saying the changes were arrived at after consultations with President Uhuru Kenyatta.
At the Ministry’s Headquarters in Nairobi, Moffat Kangi and Wilson Njega were appointed the Principal Administrative Secretary and the Secretary Internal Security respectively.
Elsewhere, Regional Police Commanders Wilson Njega (Nairobi) and Anne Ngetich (Western) have been transferred to Office of the President.
In consultation with His Excellency, Hon. Uhuru Kenyatta, CGH, President and Commander in Chief of the Kenya Defence Forces, CS Dr Fred Matiang’i have today made the following changes in the State Department of Interior and Citizen Services:
- Appointed Mr. Moffat Kangi as the Principal Administrative Secretary
- Appointed Mr. Wilson Njega as the Secretary Internal SecurityB. Transfers of Regional Commissioners
- Transferred Mr. Wilson Njega from Nairobi Region to Office of the President Head Quarters.
- Transferred Ms. Anne Ngetich from Western Region to Office of the President Head Quarters.
- Transferred Mr. James Kianda from Nyanza Region to Nairobi RegionC. Appointment of Regional Commissioners1. Appointed Magu Mutindika as Regional Commissioner Nyanza Region.
- Appointed Esther Maina as Regional Commissioner Western RegionD. Transfer of County Commissioners as below:.
- Onesmus Kyatha from Mandera County to Mombasa County.
- Joshua Nkanatha from Kajiado County to Marsabit County
- Evans Achoki from Marsabit County to Kajiado County.
- Michael N. Tialal from Siaya County to Garrisa County.
- Gilbert B. Kitiyo from Mombasa County to Mandera County.
- Stephen Kihara from Kisii County to Uasin Gishu County.
- Mwangi Meru from Garrisa County to Narok County.
- George Omoding from Bomet County to Kakamega County.
- Samuel Kimiti from Narok County to Bungoma County.
- Olaka Kutswa from Nandi County to Kilifi County.
- Boaz Cherutich from Nyandarua County to Migori County.
- Abdirizak Jaldesa from Uasin Gishu County to Kisii County.
- Mr. David Kipkemei from Homabay County to OOP HQ.
- Mr. Joseph Rotich from Migori County to PA/RC Nyanza.
- Abdi Hassan from Bungoma County to OOP HQE.
APPOINTMENT OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS.
- Fredrick Ndunga as County Commissioner Machakos County
- Paul Rotich as County Commissioner Siaya County
- Mathias Mbogai Rioba as County Commissioner Tana River County
- Moses K..Lilan as County Commissioner Homabay County
- Benson David Leparmorijo as County Commissioner Nyandarua County
- Josephine Ouko as County Commissioner Bomet County
F. Transfer and Appointment of Deputy County Commissioners.
The CS has transferred to various stations across the country 98 Deputy County Commissioners and appointed 84 new Deputy County Commissioners.
These changes take effect immediately, from the Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government