The HR Opinion.
Pursuant to the provisions of the Kenyan Constitution 2010, Article 235, and the County Government Act of 2012 (Sections 56, 57 and 58), the Selection Panel for the appointment of Chairperson and Members of the County Public Service Board in the County Government of Kitui.
The County Boss Madam Charity Ngilu is committed to transform kitui and establish the Transparency county public service board during her tenure as the Governor of kitui county, “The last county public service board were marred with nepotism, corruption allegations, lack of transparency in hiring county staffs, the unrenewable terms of officers who have been holding the position during the last regime has come to end.
The focus is now on the Governor Ngilu to appoint another board that will steer the County Public service Board to the required projectory path and target.
The qualified, competent and suitably qualified persons have so far been interviewed by the panels to fill the following positions in the CPSB.
Chairperson (1 position )
Member (5 positions)
TERMS OF SERVICE
A single non-renewable term of six  year
For appointment as the Chairperson, the applicant should meet the following requirements:
• Be a Kenyan Citizen
• Satisfy the requirement of leadership and integrity in Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010;
• Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from a university recognized in Kenya; A Master’s Degree or higher qualification will be an added advantage;
• Have at least ten (10) years’ working experience in their respective profession
• Five (5) years’ experience in a managerial position in either public or private sector will be an added advantage;
• Be a professional who demonstrates the absence of breach of the relevant professional code of conduct;
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of National and County Government goals, policies and developmental objectives including values and principles of governance; as well as demonstrate an appreciation of the diversity within the County;
• Have a thorough knowledge of the structural, legislative and regulatory framework of the Public Service;
• Demonstrate a high degree of professional competence, leadership, communication skills, good judgment and commitment to public service.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability, with the capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timelines.
“Madan Jane Kibati among those who were interviewed represents the true picture of the woman leader just like the Governor Ngilu, she is suave, she is suitably fit, she is knowledgable on matters kitui and Human Resource, she understands the heart of the Governor, she has been Royal supporter of the governor and thee county governments units.
The position of public service board chairperson must be bestowed to the person who will not frustrate the Governor.
The lady from Kavisuni has been very consistency In support of the Governor Charity Ngilu,
“She is a lady of reputable character, she is down to earth just like the Governor, she is known across the county, she can be of great help to the people of kitui and the Governor Ngilu according to opinion from Human Resource expert.