By BARAKA MULI
Kitui Governor Dr. Julius Malombe, EGH has announced the final list of 26 Chief Officers to serve in the various county government departments.
Addressing a press conference in his office boardroom, Governor Malombe said the selection was based on the best rating by the County Public Service Board after subjecting them to interviews.
He said adherence to the two thirds gender rule, regional balance, academic qualifications, intergenerational and diversity inclusivity and relevant experience was pivotal in selection of the chief officer nominees.
Those named for the crucial cabinet slots are:
- Agnes Kawila Mulewa – Public Service and General Administration.
- Franciscah Kanza Kyui- Performance Contracting, Disaster & Emergency Services.
- Stephen Kitonga Salee – Decentralized Units, SEKEB and Inter-governmental Relations.
- Kamunda John – Governor’s Service Delivery Unit & Public Communication.
- Ferdinand Ndemah Kathenge – Tourism, Hospitality & Game Reserves.
- Dr. Musyoka Benson Wambua – Medical Services.
- Aggrey Kinyalili Kamba – Drugs and Medical Supplies Management.
- Lynn Kitwan – Public Health & Sanitation.
- Bretta Mwangangi – Culture, Gender & Social Services.
- Nason Kang’alya Kilonzo – Youth, Sports, ICT and Innovation.
- Benjamin Kithee Chamia – Roads & Public Works.
- John Makau Kimwele – Finance, Revenue Management and Accounting.
- Patrick Masila Munuve – Economic Planning & Budgeting.
- Stephen Makau Musili – Trade, Industry, MSMEs & County EIZs.
- Peter Ketonya Musya – Transport and Bodaboda Sector.
- Paul Ngei Monyi – Cooperatives and Citizen Group Economic Empowerment Initiatives.
- Pauline Kikele Mwalali – Basic Education, ECDE & Childcare Facilities.
- Kennedy Munyambu Mwendwa – Polytechnics, Vocational Centres and Homecraft Centres.
- Micheal Kalii Mutisya – Lands & Housing.
- Evans Mutemi Mutua – Urban Development.
- Nelly Mutisya – Agriculture and Fisheries.
- Jonathan Kyambi Nzau – Livestock Development and Agriculture.
- Nathan Kasamba Vungo – Water.
- Gladys Mami Wambua – Irrigation.
- David Soi Masai – Environment & Forestry.
- Henry Ngilu Nyamai – Energy, Minerals & Natural Resources.
The Governor noted he has presented the names to the County Assembly for vetting and approval before appointing them into office.
He, however, said that he would defer appointment of Chief Officers to the four departments affected by the pending court case.filed by the current incumbents.
The County Chief said he would do so only after determination of the case slated for hearing in January next year.