This blog takes this opportunity to inform kitui people about the Governor Ngilu ambitious health insurance cover.
Bellow are some of the Frequently Asked Questions about Kitui County Health Insurance Cover
1. Q: What does K-CHIC stand for?
A: Kitui County Health Insurance Cover.
2. Q: Who does KCHIC target?
A: KCHIC targets all residents of Kitui County
3. Q: How much do I pay to enroll for KCHIC?
A: 1,000 for registration and 100 for card processing per year,
card processing is a one pay off.
4. Q: How much do I pay for a lost card?
A: You will pay 500 shillings for replacement.
5. Q: Can every household beneficiary have their own card?
A: Yes, but upon paying 200 shillings for every card.
6. Q: Can one pay the registration fee in instalments?
7. Q: Who is covered under KCHIC?
A: The Nuclear household ie the Principal member, Spouse and children under the age of 18 years. But a special case is considered for children in college upto the age of 26 years
8. Q: What is the advantage of KCHIC?
A: It will enable Kitui residents to access cheaper health care at all times for all ailments.
9. Q: Which services are offered under KCHIC?
A: Ambulance services within the county
Referrals within Kitui County
Promotive, Preventive, Curative and Rehabilitative services
Inpatient bills up to twenty four hours after the date
Specialized services within the County
Mortuary Services for up to 7 days
10. Q: How soon does one get services after registration?
A: KCHIC services are offered immediately after registration.
11. Q: Which hospitals can a member of KCHIC get medical services?
A: All level 4 hospitals in the county.
Kitui Referral Hospital, Mwingi Sub County Hospital, Ikanga Sub County Hospital, Kauwi Sub County Hospital, Katulani Sub county Hospital, Mutitu Sub County Hospital, Kanyangi Sub County Hospital, Migwani Sub County Hospital, Kyuso Sub County Hospital, Tseikuru Sub County Hospital, Nuu Sub County Hospital, Ikutha Hospital,Mutomo Hospital and Zombe Hospital.
12. Q: Can KCHIC cater for referral services outside
A: KCHIC covers health services offered within Kitui County.
13. Q: What is the limit KCHIC covers?
A: At the moment KCHIC has no amount limit, patients
get treatment until they get well.
14. Q: Where can one register?
A: All Level 4 hospitals and 56 health centers across
15. Q: Can KCHIC be used at Dispensaries and Health Centers?
A: No. KCHIC is only applicable to all Level 4 hospitals only, but at Dispensaries and Health centers offer services at no cost.
16. Q: Is the County government ready for the KCHIC services?
17. Q: How?
A: Increased health budget to a tune of 3billion
Employed 35 new doctors and 527 other assorted health workers
Partnered with Mission for Essential Medicine
Supplies (MEDS) to improve pharmaceutical supplies
Procured medical equipment ie CT Scan, Digital X-Ray machines, Laboratory equipment
Trained heath workers on customer care services
and attitude change
Partnered with consultants from Kenyatta National Hospitals
18. Q: How many household is KCHIC targeting?
A: 270,000 households