By COUNTY DIARY.
The Progressive – Kitui Jordan Hospital Medical college is offering the following courses;
All applicants who wish to apply for January, May, and September intake, are requested to submit their applications Via Hospital Jordan medical school college portal and wait for confirmation.
Or present their physical Application to the college hospital at Kitui town.
Diplomas in competency-based courses with an entry grade of C- or and above in KCSE are:
- Perioperative Theatre Technology –Two years (6 Trimesters).
- Health Records and Information Technology -Two years (6 Trimesters).
- Community Health-Two years (6 Trimesters).
- Nutrition and Dietetics –Two years (6 Trimesters).
- Counselling Psychology – Two years (6 Trimesters).
- Social Work and Community Development – Two years (6 Trimesters).
- HIV and AIDS Management- Two years (6 Trimesters).
Health Services Support- Two years (6 Trimesters).
CERTIFICATE IN CBS COURSES WITH AN ENTRY D OR ABOVE IN KSCE.
Certificates in competency-based courses with an entry grade of D or and above in KCSE are:
- Perioperative Theatre Technology –One year (3 Trimesters).
- Health Records and Information Technology -One year (3 Trimesters)
- Community Health- One year (3 Trimesters).
- Nutrition and Dietetics – One year (3 Trimesters).
- Counselling Psychology – One year (3 Trimesters)
- Social Work and Community Development -One year (3 Trimesters).
- HIV and AIDS Management-One year (3 Trimesters)
8 Health Services Support- One year (3 Trimesters).
CERTIFICATES IN CBS COURSES WITH D- IN KSCE.
Certificates in competency-based courses with an entry grade of D- in KCSE are:
- Health Services Support -8 Months (2 Semesters).
- Community Health- 8 Months(2 Semesters).
- Social Work and Community Development-8 Months (2 Semesters)
1. HIV Testing Services (HTS) and Adherence
2. Basic Life Support
3. Advanced Cardiac Life Support
KCSE Bridging Done in the following subjects: English, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
The assessment body for the courses is TVETCDACC, NASCOP, KNEC, NRCK, AHA, and KNDI
OVERVIEW OF COMPETENCY-BASED EDUCATION AND TRAINING (CBET) APPROACH
CBET (Competency-Based Education and Training) is a mode or approach of training
where the emphasis is placed on the acquisition of competence (Knowledge, Skills and Worker Behaviours (Attitudes).
Competence is the ability to perform tasks or do work according to set standards.
It is designed to meet the demands of industry and business.
It involves training individuals to be able to perform to the standards required in
“Competency-based education and training (CBET) focus on outcomes of learning.
CBET focuses on what the trainees are expected to do rather than on what they are
expected to learn about or know.”CBET is also known as outcome-based training.
CBET entails training trainees such that they develop competencies (knowledge, skills, and attitudes (worker behaviours) that are demanded at the workplace while in a training institution.
The demands of industry, therefore, shape the curriculum.
The participation of industry is therefore of high importance.
The strength of CBET lies in its ability to develop the necessary competencies for
people to be successful in the workplace.
If training institutions can produce graduates that are ready to work as per
standards set by industry upon graduation, then the overall economic health of a
the country is improved.
College Location and Contacts Info
Jordan Hospital Medical College
P.O.BOX 1143-90200, Kitui Town