By PATRICK KIMANZI & MPPRESS
1. Hon. Paul Kitungu is an accomplished political strategist who hails from Mwingi Central Sub-County in Kitui County.
2. He was born and raised in Kalisasi village, Mwingi Central Ward, Mwingi Central Constituency in Kitui County.
3. Paul Kitungu is currently the Chairman of Kalisasi Professionals under the Kalisasi Primary School Alumni (KAPA). The group recently announced their commitment to stand firmly behind Mwingi Central MP Hon. Dr. Gideon MULYUNGI in 2022 who is also a member of the Alumini.
4. Paul Kitungu and Hon. Gideon Mulyungi are both alumni of St. Charles Lwanga High School, Kitui. It is worth mentioning that the current Mwingi Central MP still holds the school’s academic record having scored 6 point out of the possible 6 at his O level.
5. Kitungu affirmed that their solidarity with Hon MULYUNGI is buoyed by what he termed as ‘an escalated development record roadmap by the Wiper MP whose _modus operandi_is pegged on transparency and philanthropy.
6. A political scientist by training, Paul Kitungu holds a Degree in Political Science and Public Administration from the *University of Nairobi (UoN). He pursued a Masters degree in International Relations from the same University. He is also a holder of a graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management from the *Kenya Institute of Management (KIM)* and a member of the Institute of Personnel Management
7. _A charismatic_ , all round professional, Paul Kitungu packs a wealth of experience in the Public service and Governance spanning *over 20 years.*
8. He has served the *Kenyan Government, the United Nations and the American Government* in various capacities. Only recently, Paul was awarded as one of the accomplished officers with 10 years distinguished service in the US Department of State.
9. It is worthy noting that, in his early days in Public Service, Paul Kitungu was a member of the *Dream Team* made of Graduate officers selected to join the Kenyan DCI whose intention was to inject professionalism in the then Criminal Investigations Department. The team was credited for re-modeling the Mission and Vision of the DCI which is in force to-date. It was geared towards delivering efficient service to the Kenyan public.
10. Amongst his myriad achievements in the Public service, Paul is credited for uniting colleagues and professionals in different capacities in different spheres of life – starting with his backyard _(Kalisasi community)_ in Mwingi Central across to being the chairman of the Ukambani colleagues serving under the US Mission in Kenya.
11. Paul’s core *Vision and Mission* as a popular leader is to see Mwingi Central, Kitui and the whole country in general achieve higher levels of socio-economic prosperity through leadership guided by *_transparency and professionalism_*
12. He is presently also a staunch supporter and one of the Ukambani stalwart of the *BBI blueprint* which seeks to revolutionarize social, political and economic spheres of our country through a widely accepted constitutional document
13. Hon Paul KITUNGU _(Popularly known as *Kasee P)_ in political circles) is an exposed leader and politician from his times in students leadership at the university. He was a member of the then _University Students Caucus that participated in the constitutional reform agenda in the mid 90s_ . Over the years he has extended his knowledge and expertise in political science and community development agenda to help develop strategy for many leaders aspiring for elected positions to ascend to those positions. Paul looks forward to taking up the challenge of one of those positions in his calling for _continued public service and love for community development._
14. _*A globe trotter,* Paul has toured and benchmarked in various countries across the globe during his over 20 years of public service, including USA, UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Ethiopia, Ghana, Sierra Leon, The Gambia, Liberia, Tanzania, Uganda among others
15. Paul is a family man with a loving wife, and three children. He is a Christian and a faithful in AIC church.