President Uhuru Kenyatta has urged all organisations in the country to let staff work from home unless they are offering critical or essential services, the COUNTY DIARY Reports.
In a high televised press conference, President uhuru Kenyatta ordered the suspension of all learning institutions withiimmediate effect, and all boarding schools must close down by Friday.
People have been urged to use cashless translation to avoid the spread of the coronavirus.
The chief justice of Kenya hon David Maraga has ordered the suspension of Court mentions and hearing for all criminal and civil cases while hearings of new cases to be conducted in chambers, Police stations to handle petty cases.
This comes after the government confirmed two more deadly coronavirus cases in Kenya
- Travel suspended for entry of persons from countries with COVID-19 cases
- Only Kenya citizens will be allowed to jet in.
- All persons in Kenya in the last 14days must self-quarantine
- Learning suspended in all learning institutions with immediate effect. Primary schools tomorrow, boarding schools by Wednesday, colleges by Friday.
- Where possible, govt offices, business, companies encouraged to allow employees to work from home
- Encourage the use of cashless transactions.
- Encouraged to avoid congregating, minimize attendance weddings, etc.,
- Hospitals and shopping malls encouraged to provide soap, water, etc.,
Appeal – Avoid misinformation that causes panic, every single Kenyan has a responsibility in playing their part to safeguard the nation.