In a show of might, Wiper majority MCAs at the The County Assembly of Kitui flexed muscles and pushed for the approval of the motion to remove forthwith the Chairperson of Committees, Hon. Kasee Musya (MCA, Kisasi Ward).
Kisasi Member of County Assembly has been accused of working closely with kitui Governor Charity Ngilu.
This motion had been moved by Hon. Eliud Nging’uri (MCA, Ngomeni Ward) and seconded by Hon. David Thuvi (MCA, Kithumula/Kwa Mutonga Ward).
He was removed on the allegedly following grounds:
- A vote of no confidence by the Liaison Committee which he chaired previously.
- Gross violation of the Constitution
- Violation of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
- Violation of Sec 26 (1)(a) and Sec 28 (a)(c) of the County Powers and Privileges Act.
- He used his office to bribe members to vote in a certain way during the consideration ot the Appointments Committee report on approval of nominees to the Kitui County Public Service Board.
- Members displayed Mpesa messages as proof of receiving the money and recorded statements with the police.
Barring MCAs from accessing the Chamber as evident during the Emergency Bill when he ordered the chamber doors to be closed while the Majority Party had requested for time for consultation.