Eldoret son Eliud Kipchoge has broken his two-hour marathon barrier in historic Ineos 1:59 challenge
Kipchoge has become the first man to break the two-hour marathon barrier
Eliud Kipchoge has broken the two-hour marathon barrier at the Ineos 1:59 challenge in Vienna.
The Kenyan ran 1:59:40 to complete the 26.2 mile distance in the fastest time in history.
Utilising a rotating group of pacemakers, thus making the time not an official world record, and wearing the Nike ZoomX Vaporfly shoe, Kipchoge became the first athlete to run the distance in under two hours.
“I’m feeling good, after Roger Bannister, it took 63 years, I have tried to inspire many people, you can do it. It’s dedication, it was a hard run,” he said immediately after making history.“Remember, they’re among the best athletes in the world, Olympic champions, I can say, thank you to them, accepting to do the job.
The deputy present Dr William Ruto who was accompanying the Eliud kipchoge tweeted,” Your supreme tempo, fatigue-resistance, endurance, compulsion, mental strength, resolve, and tenacity are a manifestation there are no limits when you believe in yourself; undoubtedly the landmark triumph cements Kenya’s position in the globe as an athletics powerhouse.
What Eliud Kipchoge is expected to get after INEOS 1:59:40.2 marathon record
- 400 million shillings from INEOS.
- 4.5 million shillings from ISUZU
- 10 million shillings from both NN and Nike.
- Private jet by Jimmy wanjigi before 28th November 2019.
- 3 million shillings from Sonko.
- 2 million shillings by County government of Nandi.
- 2.5 million shillings by County government of Uasin Gishu.
- 15 million shillings from safaricom and be awarded m-pesa brand ambassador….
Inspiring the world that awards in millions is real and human has no limit.